The magic of music.....An intro to Frank Sinatra
You never really realize how music controls your emotions until you start paying attention. And you never really know how a song has touched you until you start humming it in tune with the emotion that it generates. I remember precisely that on the day before one of my tougher (==I hadn't studied well) exams I was in the bathroom, taking a bath and was singing "Luck, be a lady tonight...". I had picked it from a movie I had watched last night (from the soundtrack of "What women want"). And suddenly I realized I was feeling a lot better! With my mood a little elevated, I headed back to my study room with a different attitude.... (The result? Don't ask! But I passed!)
I can thankfully say music has saved my bottom quite a few times. For almost every lab exam, my room was turned into a rock concert hall! No other sounds no other distractions. Music drowned out all other sounds and I can happily say the results are on the table (I had absolutely no backs in my engineering! And well... *cough* Distinction *cough*).
Coming back to Frank, I probably heard his "Luck be a lady" from the soundtrack of "What women want". At that time however I never realized how much I like his music. Then came "I won't dance" from the same movie (remember Mel Gibson dancing with the hat-stand?). Anyways those songs always made an occasional comeback once in a while and life was good.
After a long time, I heard the same golden voice in Ocean's Thirteen. Lovely tune called "This Town". This time however I was blessed enough to have a knowledgeable person next to me. And that's when I was introduced to Frank Sinatra.
The next day the knowledgeable person I was talking about had downloaded a few Sinatra songs for me to hear. I loved 'em all! Cool Jazzy feeling tunes with lots of southern drawls. Simply awesome!! And I am hooked on ever since!!
Here's to all the great music makers! Without them, our world would be that much worse!
Cheers!!
I can thankfully say music has saved my bottom quite a few times. For almost every lab exam, my room was turned into a rock concert hall! No other sounds no other distractions. Music drowned out all other sounds and I can happily say the results are on the table (I had absolutely no backs in my engineering! And well... *cough* Distinction *cough*).
Coming back to Frank, I probably heard his "Luck be a lady" from the soundtrack of "What women want". At that time however I never realized how much I like his music. Then came "I won't dance" from the same movie (remember Mel Gibson dancing with the hat-stand?). Anyways those songs always made an occasional comeback once in a while and life was good.
After a long time, I heard the same golden voice in Ocean's Thirteen. Lovely tune called "This Town". This time however I was blessed enough to have a knowledgeable person next to me. And that's when I was introduced to Frank Sinatra.
The next day the knowledgeable person I was talking about had downloaded a few Sinatra songs for me to hear. I loved 'em all! Cool Jazzy feeling tunes with lots of southern drawls. Simply awesome!! And I am hooked on ever since!!
Here's to all the great music makers! Without them, our world would be that much worse!
Cheers!!
Labels: experiences, music, sinatra
1 Comments:
Cheers !!! Hic !!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home