I love you.......
......and I don't care if you love me back or not!
Just thinking.... What kind of a man/woman would rise above desire to make such a statement? What kind of sacrifice would it be. Would it, define what we all conceive as 'True Love'? Or would it be just plain stupidity. Or would it, be some kind of self gratifying gesture?
If you have read 'What is Man' by Mark Twain you would probably agree with him in saying that it is the last one... A desperate attempt to satisfy your disappointed mind to somehow console itself by knowing the fact that the other person is happy.......But it is for your happiness that you do it ultimately :)
Or it could, ideally be the holy grail of relationships... Boundless, eternal, pure and true love. The love that finds happiness in the fact that the other person is happy without you......
Now what do you think? :P
Ok ok I have lots of free time and I didn't know what to do so I thought I'd start a comment fest! And love seems to set all toungues wagging so... Here we are! :D
Just thinking.... What kind of a man/woman would rise above desire to make such a statement? What kind of sacrifice would it be. Would it, define what we all conceive as 'True Love'? Or would it be just plain stupidity. Or would it, be some kind of self gratifying gesture?
If you have read 'What is Man' by Mark Twain you would probably agree with him in saying that it is the last one... A desperate attempt to satisfy your disappointed mind to somehow console itself by knowing the fact that the other person is happy.......But it is for your happiness that you do it ultimately :)
Or it could, ideally be the holy grail of relationships... Boundless, eternal, pure and true love. The love that finds happiness in the fact that the other person is happy without you......
Now what do you think? :P
Ok ok I have lots of free time and I didn't know what to do so I thought I'd start a comment fest! And love seems to set all toungues wagging so... Here we are! :D
Powered by ScribeFire.
4 Comments:
Well !!! I see that you are thinking a lot about love & unconditional-love these days... :o)
Didn't this don't care thing start in your previous blog comments?
I am in love with you... And it does not matter if you feel the same or not.
There is a difference in loving someone and being in love with someone. While the former asks for reciprocation and wants to be recognised, the latter is a pure feeling. It is a feeling that is felt by you, and one in which you feel complete. It neither asks for reciprocation, nor looks for expressing itself.
To be honest, and fair to the world, I do know of people who have said that. A rarity, I must say, who have escaped being ridiculed for their emotions; by not making it open to all. And, thankfully so...
hmmm i have experienced both the phase ..and realized that .. loving some one and being in love with some
.. its all feeling ... and u can feel many things you can imagine and feel also ..... but the real executing time is after marriage.. ..how happily u keep your partner every second... and how u lead your life ... and feel the same excitement every day ... may be i am over exaggerating ..
If you have time, watch Dil Chahta Hai again. This time, concentrate on Akshaye Khanna's "I am sorry !!! aap samjhengi nahin !!!" scene. THAT, is what I meant... :o)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home